a must read.
This is our hobby. It's here for fun and our own enjoyment. Because of that we try to be laid back and do what we think would be the most entertaining for Cry Wolf as a whole. These rules are in place in order to maintain both expectations and the world we have arranged for us.
Bear in mind that you must be over 18 years old to play on Cry Wolf.
1. Use Common Sense. - Your fledgling vampire is in a fight against a centuries old werewolf? Probably going to lose. Your character is in love with Susan but Susan is married to Jack? Probably not going to work out. Bill never talks to you despite your repeated efforts? Probably doesn't want to chat.
2. IC =/= OOC. - If you cannot separate your characters from yourself, this isn't the place for you. Our characters are not us and we are not our characters.
3. Respect your fellow members. - The golden rule. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
4. The golden rules of RP also apply: No godmodding, no power playing and no character is all powerful. No character is perfect. Characters are realistic and varied. Their histories are not a game to see how many bad things you can cram into them.
5. Our Play-bys are and characters are both over 18.
6. The golden OOC Rules apply: No politics or religion may be discussed. Be nice, respect one another, etc.
7. Real world always comes first.
8. We do not claim real life people as our characters. (You cannot, for example, play Abraham Lincoln or Jesse James.)
9. Intelligent until proven stupid. We assume that everyone that joins Cry Wolf is intelligent. If you prove to be otherwise, cause trouble for other players, harass other players or generally prove to be a problem you will be banned. No warnings, no hand holding. Just gone. (This includes attempts at trolling.)
10. We follow the lore that Patricia Briggs has laid out for us. While some things change here and there to reflect our AU nature or to handle a lack of information, as a whole we respect our source material.
11. Posts are 3rd person (He, she, they) and we aim to reach 250+ words per post.
12. By joining Cry Wolf we assume you are an adult and capable of being treated as such. You must be 18 years old or older.
13. We ask that sexual abuse/rape be kept vague and undetailed. While you can have it in your character's backstory, we prefer if it wasn't brought up repeatedly or in grand detail. Rape should never be played out on the board.
Character rules can be found here
Activity checks occur once every 2 months. There are no post requirements, but players will be asked to list the characters they wish to keep and the characters they wish to discard. For every character discarded, we will ask for a 2 week waiting period before you make another. If we feel you are rolling tons of characters without actually playing them (whether attempting to simply claim popular faces or whatever reason) we reserve the right to tell you to hold off and RP some before rolling more.
Ranking characters must meet all activity checks and upon missing one are removed from their rank. All ranking characters must have 5 posts per month (10 per activity check.) A ranking character with a hiatus up is given a bit of leeway, but only so much. They are attended to on a case by case basis.
We are a 333 rating. This is just under R. However, we are a premium site meaning we don’t have nearly as many restrictions as regular Jcink sites. Because many of our members play at work we ask that ‘graphic’ threads be either marked as such (including applications) by having wording at the top or in the description/title to make it clear that it should be avoided by those individuals or placed in the mature section just to make sure. Post icons are available for just such a reason.
The mature section may only be accessed by those over the age of 18. In this board you will find sex and violence and anything deemed or concerned to be inappropriate. As is Jcink’s site wide rule, no depictions of drug use may occur anywhere on site.