register a character account first
All avatars must be 250x400
6 . 17 - Good Night, Sleep Tight Danger Event Begins ! . . . 5 . 20 - Anniversary Shop Event Begins ! . . . 3 . 5 - Burn Bright released !

Add Reply
New Poll

Seaworth Pack

Would you be okay with the Seaworths forming their own pack?
Yes. [ 11 ]  [91.67%]
No. [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Rune
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 12:34 PM
Rune is Offline.
Infinite years old
N/A
Mated
Admin
Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.
Awards: 49

— Loremaster —

This would provide a fourth pack but it would only be available for the Seaworth family and their significant others.

Why is this worth bringing up? Because All the ranks would already be taken And probably by people already with those ranks. It would put Xavier as alpha, which would give me a second A. Members of the family would be second and third and omega, obviously, and that means that people already with that level of rank elsewhere would hold it again.

This might open up ranks in other packs, but not necessarily. Currently, most of them are already spoken for in this proposed new pack.

Please ask questions and voice your opinion, as always.
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Bro
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 12:40 PM
bro is Offline.
22 years old
Nope
Single
Software Engineer
Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk. Music loud and women warm, I've been kicked around since I was born.
Awards: 20

— Cult Janitor —

I vote yes, if only because it makes sense from a role playing perspective. And I'm more than willing to let more people have more ranks if they want them.

If we wanted to open it to more than the seaworths, we could call it a 'West Richland' pack, full of mostly seaworths and whoever else they trust. West Richland is a thing, and they get lumped in with the tri-cities even though they're a fourth city.
PMEmailAIM
^
Rune
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 12:53 PM
Rune is Offline.
Infinite years old
N/A
Mated
Admin

— Loremaster —

QUOTE (Bro @ Jun 13 2018, 09:40 AM)
I vote yes, if only because it makes sense from a role playing perspective. And I'm more than willing to let more people have more ranks if they want them.

If we wanted to open it to more than the seaworths, we could call it a 'West Richland' pack, full of mostly seaworths and whoever else they trust. West Richland is a thing, and they get lumped in with the tri-cities even though they're a fourth city.

There's also West Pasco. Apparently they didn't get very creative with names? But I'd probably open up Burbank so we didn't have duplicate names potentially confusing people unfamiliar with the area.

I think for the time being, only Seaworths with the potential to expand in the future. Perhaps plot-fueled? <.<
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Bro
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 01:27 PM
bro is Offline.
22 years old
Nope
Single
Software Engineer
Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk. Music loud and women warm, I've been kicked around since I was born.

— Cult Janitor —

QUOTE (Rune @ Jun 13 2018, 01:53 PM)
I think for the time being, only Seaworths with the potential to expand in the future. Perhaps plot-fueled? <.<

subplot fueled/event fueled? sounds like we may have to wait and seeeeeeeee
PMEmailAIM
^
Dom
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 03:20 PM
Dom is Offline.
34 years old
Pansexual
Dating
Convenience Store Clerk/Student
Why we can't have nice things >.<
Awards: 15

— ------- —

By this same sort of argument, the Cazdobals would have their own Seethe just because there's a bunch of them, too (granted, not as many as there are Seaworths, but it depends on how many of the 14 I want to roll and if I'm eventually comfortable with other people playing them (the answer to that is no)).

The other hiccup is this - if they're in West Richland, which by your own admission is a different city - what happens when other wolves live there (because you'd have to make it playable to be fair)? If it's only Seaworths, and those people don't want to be Seaworths, at what point is it a 'we live here but our Pack won't let us in because we don't have the same Dad', or would we need to establish another West Richland pack? Because I'm sure there's other wolves that live there already, who may have their own pack (depending on how 'realist' you want to get with it), who may take offense to a plethora of offspring coming in and having their own permanent family reunion there.

You'd have to play it very carefully to keep it fair to everyone on-site, not just those people who want to play a Seaworth (and by that extension, are the non-Wolf Seaworths included in that pack i.e. how Sage is in Richland and Selene is in Kennewick?).

There's a lot of things that could make it work, but there's also a lot of things that could be argued for the negative, as well.

Edited to Add: I'm not saying I'm completely against it (I did vote no for the above), but it's something that would have a shitload of IC implications/affects, that would need to be handled very specifically beyond "because reasons".
PMEmail
^
Kit
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 03:35 PM
Kit is Offline.
Too old for this shit years old
Who even goddamn knows
Dating
Annoying you!
Words, words, words...
Awards: 21

— Delicious Staff Kitten —

You'd have to play it very carefully to keep it fair to everyone on-site, not just those people who want to play a Seaworth (and by that extension, are the non-Wolf Seaworths included in that pack i.e. how Sage is in Richland and Selene is in Kennewick?).

Walkers can join packs, and Selene is a rank C character to be an actual physical member when humans usually can't be. So that's not really applicable I don't think.

And there are wolves already that don't live in the cities that their pack is in, or who work outside of their pack's territory. So I don't think that's really an issue, personally.
PM
^
Rune
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 03:40 PM
Rune is Offline.
Infinite years old
N/A
Mated
Admin

— Loremaster —

The difference between the Seaworth clan and the cazdobals is that multiple people play the Seaworth vs only 1 person.

Any ooc wolves that live in those cities would already be part of the established packs. Not every city has a pack, usually it's one per area. We just exaggerated for the sake of rp.

It wouldn't have any potential plot oomph the other packs might have (meaning if we ran pack specific plots we wouldn't do one for them vs the others.)
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Bro
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 03:41 PM
bro is Offline.
22 years old
Nope
Single
Software Engineer

— Cult Janitor —

By this same sort of argument, the Cazdobals would have their own Seethe just because there's a bunch of them, too

Let 5+ players have Cazdobals, and I'd be putting up a cazdobal seethe poll myself. That'd be badass. Same for a family of witches being their own coven if a ton of players had them. Sounds like a good way to shake up the dynamics ICly and get some interesting plots going.
PMEmailAIM
^
Dee
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 04:06 PM
Dee is Online.
Old years old
It's Complicated
Annoying People
Slightly Off My Rocker...
Awards: 8

— -4- —

I vote yes. I have nothing additional to add because everyone else has pretty much covered the finer points. I don't see an issue honestly since they will be out of the "main" cities and will probably not bother anyone anyway. I am kinda shocked this wasn't brought up sooner though. LOL
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Dom
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 04:29 PM
Dom is Offline.
34 years old
Pansexual
Dating
Convenience Store Clerk/Student
Why we can't have nice things >.<
Awards: 15

— ------- —

QUOTE (Dom @ Jun 13 2018, 02:20 PM)
... (granted, not as many as there are Seaworths, but it depends on how many of the 14 I want to roll and if I'm eventually comfortable with other people playing them (the answer to that is no)).

Like I said.

People have clarified stuff so I'm cool with it - as long as it doesn't turn into a 'you have to roll a Seaworth to be a wolf and live in this city', I'm a-okay with all of it, now that you guys clarified that it's not a 'no other packs exist here' deal.

Cazdobals will not be forming their own Seethe, whether I roll all the remaining siblings or not (spoiler alert: like I said above, the answer is No, and they aren't open for anyone else playing them, so this is never going to happen). So you won't have to worry about a poll.
PMEmail
^
Bro
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 04:45 PM
bro is Offline.
22 years old
Nope
Single
Software Engineer

— Cult Janitor —

Cazdobals will not be forming their own Seethe, whether I roll all the remaining siblings or not (spoiler alert: like I said above, the answer is No

I was just using your own example to explain my thought process. It wasn't an order. That's why I mentioned hypothetical witch family clan as well. :) I only said it to make it clear that my opinion isn't caused by a desire to give any player preferential treatment by giving them their own pack/clan/seethe, and that if the seaworths were all owned by 1 or 2 people my opinion would be different. That ic prolificness isnt my qualification for pack status, but more their ooc prolificness, if that makes sense.
PMEmailAIM
^
Medic
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 06:07 PM
Medic is Offline.
33 years old
Straight
Married
Flight Medic/Firefighter LT
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return -- da Vinci
Awards: 17

— -- —

It makes sense. Go ahead and do it.
PM
^
Rune
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 07:15 PM
Rune is Offline.
Infinite years old
N/A
Mated
Admin

— Loremaster —

As another note:

This wouldn't happen just for shits and giggles. I'd make sure there's a plot leading up to it in some way. So, might not happen any time soon but if it does there will be IC reason beyond Xavier getting a burr up his butt.
PMEmailGTalkAIM
^
Rose
 Posted on Jun 13 2018, 10:08 PM
Rose is Offline.
33 years old
Heterosexual
Married
Giant Wrangler
Even a Rose has Thorns
Awards: 9

— OOC Account —

I waited to post until others had a chance cause I was stuck on the fence at 50/50, but having read over everyone else's comments and the explanations given I say go ahead. With the understanding that just because you are a Seaworth you don't have to be in the pack, but it's an option.

Dom/Bro had a point that other families (down the line) may want to do the same for whatever species they belong to, so that's something that would need to be acknowledged if such occurs (as Bro said with a poll).

I also get that it may not happen for awhile or at all and will likely be a site wide plot - cause we've all joked about X doing this, but know he wouldn't without a real good reason. I'd be interested in it and seeing how my characters involved would deal with the change(s) should they occur.
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skin made by Tana @ Cosmo, Shine, and ATF with heavy edits credited to Ara.
  • Chatbox
  • Updates
  • Future
The most recent updates are listed here. Further updates with more detail can be found in our News And Updates forum.

4.1.18 Advertising Contest begins!

2.27.18 Activity check begins!

1.16.18 Love is in the Air begins!

1.6.18 Activity check over!

1.4.18 Award system changed!

In The Works!
In Character:
Spring Event: Love is in the Air!
Summer Event: Masquerade
Fall Event: Being Written
Winter Event: ???

Out of Character: